Silambarasan TR

STR,Yss,Lss,Silambarasan,Simbu,Simbhu,Vaaliban,Manmathan,Vtv,Tr.Silambarasan,Simbucentral,Simbu Central,Simbu Fans,Thalaivan,Simz,Little Super Star,Young Super Star,Simbu Loyalites,Simbu Pictures,Simbu Interviews,Simbu Articles,

12:22 AM

Crossing Over with Producer Ganesh of VTv.

Posted by Hariharan Naidu


What’s HOT gets talking to producer-turned-actor Ganesh, who has created quite an impact with his role in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa

‘Inga enna solludhu? Jessie Jessienu solludhilla?’ Every time lovers watch Ganesh pose this question to Simbu in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa (VTV), they gain the courage to pursue their love. The unassuming actor who captured the audience’s attention as Simbu’s friend in VTV, is very much the same person off screen as well.

ACTING STINT IN VTV… 

As I was one of the producers of VTV, I was actively involved in the production of the film. I used to participate in the discussions which went on till late in the night. One fine day, Gautham Vasudev Menon asked me to play Simbu’s friend in the movie. I was initially hesitant as that character was pivotal to the film and I wasn’t sure if I would be able to pull it off. 

FROM A PRODUCER TO AN ACTOR… 

I have done few cameos earlier in Vaaranam Aayiram and Vettaiyadu Vilayadu. Acting was by sheer accident. During the shooting of Vettaiyadu Vilayadu, the guy who was supposed to play the role of the kidnapper of Kamalini Mukherjee did not turn up. There was no other person to portray the character. That was when Kamal Haasan asked me to play the role of the abductor who gets killed in an encounter. 

A LOT OF DIRECTORS AND PRODUCERS ARE TURNING ACTORS… 

Producers or directors taking up acting is not an issue at all. What matters is whether they suit the character. For instance, VTV had a lot of fresh elements. All of a sudden, Simbu was shown as a lovable boy and Trisha was seen in sari in most part of the film. Probably, people liked me for my voice modulation, body language and presentation in the film. Novelty casts a spell on every one. The artiste should suit the character. 

EXPERIENCE IN VTV… 

Well, first of all, let me tell you that I was not the cameraman for Kaakha Kaakha as I’m introduced in the film. I really loved working with the whole unit of VTV. During the theatre rounds of the film across the state, I realised that it was not only couples in love, who were thronging the theatres, but also family audiences, including elderly people over the age of 60. 

TAMIL CINEMA... 

Tamil cinema has come of age. But one aspect that really hurts me is that though we are technically more sound compared to other film industries, our talent is not recognised. Tamil films, with such good technicians and cast, should have a wider appeal. We should come out of the shell and make sure that our films reach a wider audience. We should work towards that.

Source : Times of India
Author : P SANGEETHA 

Thanks to the author and to Times of India for the article.

- Hariharan Gajendran

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually comes later this year, a film of simbu????????

Post a Comment